Wednesday 12 June 2013

In an ideal world. . . if money grew on trees!

If money really were no option and it did grow on trees then I would probably try my best at purchasing one of the following dresses I have chosen to blog about. A lover of anything delicate, feminine and unique I have stumbled my way upon these wedding dresses over the last couple of months of trawling Pinterest and the Internet at large- key words have become my nemesis- especially "beach. wedding. dress" which merely brings up an array of scantily clad Filipino women wearing less than I would on a very hot summer's day.

It's not been an easy task trying to find a wedding dress suitable for the hot humidity I have chosen to endure in 10 months time! I also have to admit that I have not actually taken myself along to try anything on yet . . . for the most part- because I want to lose weight before trying anything on. I want to go along and shimmy into something gorgeous and feel light and ethereal and hopefully make my mother cry stunned by her daughters beauty and not (and this is how I currently see any session going), squeeze into something half done up, with arm fat hanging over the sides, sudden back cleavage, quivering lip and a sweaty brow from the whole uncomfortable strain. Then to have my mother say "oh darling, well...it could / would/ will be beautiful, once you've lost that stone you keep talking about". Thus, I am tied to Internet dreaming for the moment, until I have whipped my ass in shape, walked that 5 minute (total pain at the moment) stroll to Virgin Active and lost "that stone".

Also, - and this blog seems to be turning in to more of a rant now than my initial thought - why does every dress seem to have 3 noughts on the end? Since when did chiffon suddenly become worth thousands of pounds...? I thought that I might be clever and find a "delicate white embellished maxi dress" - detouring the price of the "wedding dress" title but, no, it seems every white maxi around that is even seemingly wearable or wedding"y" starts with "I'm worth more than you will be able to touch". My final rant - since when did renting a dress for a week (another way around potentially wearing that perfect dress with the price tag only Beyonce should smile at) cost more than renting a super car for the same duration?

Rant over, here are the current dresses on my wish list:

Firstly, the uber talented Australian designer Amanda Garrett's "Snowflake" dress. Sleek, timeless, whimsical and oozing feminine glamour mixed with a hint of Gatsby's vintage, this dress really is my dream. A low back, small capped sleeves and smothered in intricate beading, you can't really be too angry that this dress does come with a price tag of $4,700 AUD / (about £2854 GBP).





If you are UK based you can in fact purchase this dress from the magnificent Luella's Boudoir, in Wimbledon Village (which I will  make reference to later in this blog).

 
 
The second designer I have become a huge fan of is "Grace Loves Lace", an Australian brand based solely in, you've guessed it, Australia! A collection of stunning hand made, bohemian- esque romantic dresses boasting an air of vintage antiquity, all at a more affordable, realistic price. Having Tweeted them to find out if they had any British stockists they informed me that even their Australian customers have to buy online. This's my biggest fear with them, as even though I could quite happily purchase about 5 of their stunning designs, my worry would be receiving a beautiful dress that a) didn't suit me b) didn't fit me properly - as my curves are VERY different to the models online! c) couldn't be returned!!! This probably should have been letter A) on my list. You have to give them your height, dress size and for some dresses, waist and hips- so the dress is hand made especially for you in mind, which makes sense that it can't be returned but is a huge risk. They ship all over the world and have some wonderful testimonials from brides everywhere- interestingly, most having beach weddings like me! If only I could find something like this in the UK where I could try the dress on! The dress I have selected to show you is the Loren dress, retailing at $1050 - $1200 AUD (£638- £729 GBP).


                           

                           

                            

The final designer that I couldn't not blog about is Anna Campbell. I came across her dresses on Luella's Boudoir website. A stunning looking boutique based in the heart of Wimbledon Village offering a mesmerising and unique looking collection of wedding dresses (and other bridal necessities). I have this on the top of my list to visit as soon as I feel I am on the way to my ideal beach wedding body!  

Another Australian designer (clearly they seem to tick all my beach bride boxes), Anna Campbell's dresses are flauntingly feminine and just so unique. The attention to detail is exquisite, as are the shapes and blend of materials used. For me I am looking for something feminine and light with a beautiful back and detail. Anna Campbell succeeds in all my wedding dress dreams. However, her prices are from $2999 - $6999 AUD (£1822 - 4254 GBP), a few reels of lace out of my price budget, but one can always admire, dream and imagine.

Below you will find a mixture of my favourite designs from Anna's collection.

                               

                              




                            

                          



If Mr National Lottery / Santa Klaus should be reading this blog, I really have been a terribly good girl (so far) this year and promise to do any of these dresses the justice they deserve.

Is any one else in the midst of planning a beach wedding abroad and struggling on what to wear? or any one who may have already been through it? Any advice on dresses especially would be hugely appreciated!

Emi x




 

No comments:

Post a Comment